The Hump was our original climbing arch, named after Slemish Mountain, the legendary first known Irish home of Saint Patrick. We redesigned the Hump in 2018 so that it can be folded up while still providing a safe climbing experience for kids who are ready to tackle a bigger challenge!A perfect follow-on from the Wee’Un or Little’Un, the Hump offers a more challenging climbing experience because the rungs arch away from your child’s body, meaning they must balance their weight on all four limbs – unlike triangle frames which allow them to lean their body against the rungs. It’s fantastic for spatial awareness, balance and muscle development and adapts with your child from babyhood to preschool and beyond.
Rosie says: “The Hump can be used as an aid for learning to sit, crawl, stand, cruise and climb. Throw a blanket over the top and it’s a perfect little den or an exciting tunnel to crawl through! You can also bridge from the Hump to other frames in our range using the Ladder or Slide for a bigger and more challenging climb.”
Made from sustainable birch plywood, the Hump features our signature chunky rungs which are easy for small hands to grip and gentle on little feet for extended climbtime.
The Hump is designed to be completely self-supporting so even if mischievous little hands remove the retaining knobs, it won’t collapse. And when the fun is over for the day, it folds away neatly. It’s available in natural, rainbow, pastel and monochrome and slots effortlessly into any interior.
- Hand finished by a small family business in rural Northern Ireland
- Easy foldable for storage
- Suitable for outdoor use (but please don’t leave me outside)
- Suitable from birth to 100kg
- CE, UKCA, ASTM, CCPSA and ISO Tested
- Made from FSC\PEFC engineered birch plywood and engineered FSC\PEFC redwood dowels
- Open 100cm x 52cm x 48cm high
- We make our own colours so sometimes they do vary batch to batch
- Arrives unassembled
- To be used under direct adult supervision